I saw this idea on Pinterest awhile ago and was so excited when I had an excuse to finally make it.
approximately 6-7 airplane bottles of alcohol
hot glue gun
Styrofoam (like what goes in flower arrangements)
shredded tissue paper
glass beer mug
Total Cost:: approximately 16 per mug
*All items (except for the booze) was purchased at the Dollar Store
**I've seen a few made with aluminum pails, but I was afraid the bottles would be too heave and tip over. I went with the glass beer stein because it was heavier and looked more like a guy's gift.
- Glue Popsicle sticks to alcohol bottles
- trim Styrofoam to fit inside mug
- shove shredded paper inside the bottom of mug as filler
- wrap foam with tissue paper and place in glass
- begin sticking bottles into the foam at varying heights
- place more shredded tissue paper to cover the foam
- add pipe cleaners for more decoration, if desired
The birthday boys LOVED them. They sat on the counter as decoration for the entire party.